Join Our Team
Dog Spa Technician (Full-Time)
Do you LOVE dogs?
Do you CARE deeply and have a passion to provide a safe and loving environment for their Spa Experience.
Do you believe in doing everything with EXCELLENCE? If you answered yes to these questions we would love the opportunity to speak with you.
We will strive to ensure that your experience here is both a positive and rewarding one. Our goal is to serve our clients, the dogs, and our team with EXCELLENCE! To treat our clients’ dogs as family, we should always view them as deserving of respect and LOVING care.
At the Dog Nest, our goal is to improve the lives of dogs and their owners in all situations.
Dogs are full of unconditional LOVE. It’s our duty to CARE enough to give some of that back with EXCELLENCE.
If you are wanting to join a compassionate, positive, and knowledgeable team, look no further!!
Our primary goal is to:
- Focus on pet health and well-being by providing an outside of the industry standard experience.
- Personal Service- Knowing pups and their owners! We want to continually exceed our client’s expectations by building relationships and giving every dog the utmost care and attention they deserve.
- Creating a fun and loving environment where pups enjoy spending time away from home.
- As a Spa Tech- you will need to maintain a level of EXCELLENT customer Service. You need to be attentive to detail and able to take instructions well. It is important to exhibit cooperation and teamwork with ALL departments, and to follow and uphold the Dog Nest “Standard Operating Procedures.”
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Uphold Dog Nest core values
- Reliability is a MUST, you are caring for someone else’s pet
- Help Maintain and promote a positive culture, dogs are very intuitive and can pick up on negativity + it’s important to us for the team
- Oversee and interact with dogs of all shapes, sizes with comfort and confidence
- Maintain a safe and positive experience for the dogs
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Consistent work ethic
- Clear and consistent communication
Essential skills include:
- Passion for dogs with a gentle touch and calm demeanor
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Brushing, Detangling, and removing matted hair
- Bathing dogs safely and in a positive manner
- Tidy details: Cleaning the Ears, Teeth, Trimming nails, and Sanitary Trims
- Accommodating special request from owners and informing them of health problems that may be discovered while grooming
- The ability to work well with others including other clients and members of the team
- Ability to assess behavior of the dog and condition
- Mental stamina, along with the ability to lift 50 lbs, ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time, and being able to work with large or excited dogs without hurting yourself or the dog
- Familiarity with animal behavior
- Ability to clean thoroughly
- Be teachable and take direction
- Self motivated as well as a hard worker
- Ability to walk dogs of all sizes on a slip lead or leash
- Comfortable with working around pet hair
- Team oriented and always willing to step up and step in to complete goals
Serious Inquiries Only
Front Desk Position (Part-Time)
Some Weekend Shifts 2:00-5:00pm
We are seeking a highly-skilled and self-motivated Front Office Position to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role by performing various administrative and clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable undertaking a variety of activities in the office and ability to multitask. Reliability and strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are a must, as well as familiarity with all necessary office equipment, software and procedures.
Front Office Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and set a positive office atmosphere
- Answer the phone, book stays, days, spa and training appointments
- Organize and maintain files and records, update when necessary
- Create and maintain updated documents and spreadsheets
- Superior attention to detail
Front Office Requirements and Qualifications:
- Successful work experience in a front office setting or in another similar position
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Ability to effectively use and maintain office equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office helpful
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Great organizational and multidisciplinary and multitasking skills
- Exceptional typing skills
Monday – Friday and Weekend Shifts available. Reliability is a must.
We are in a growth phase and rebuilding our team culture as the Spring and Travel world continues. The Dog Nest Staff works and supports each other as a team to deliver our behavior and supervision programs with love, grit, grace, and humor. We are committed to compassionate care and treat each other with respect and cooperation. We employ kind, happy people who are energetic, hustle, efficient, motivated learners, dynamic, resourceful, and thrive in fast-paced settings. You must be crazy for dogs. If this is you, please send us your resume. Be sure to highlight any relevant personal or professional experience with dogs. Experience is valued, but not required. We train all staff in our all-positive philosophy and methods. So, if you’re ready to join a team, learn the language of dogs, get your hands a bit dirty and your clothes a bit furry – we might be the place for you!
Duties and Responsibles:
(Main responsibilities are listed but are not limited to only these.)
- Supervise groups of dogs in playgroup environments
- Learn dog behaviors and practices and assign to groups appropriately
- Learn Positive Reinforcement techniques for handling with kindness and love
- Clean play areas and suites (Cleaning (dishes, laundry, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming and more)
- Prep meals and feed
- Give Medications
- Must be able to work 6-8 hours on your feet with repeated hinging at the waist
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds
- Must possess strong multi-tasking skills
- Write daily notes about dogs
Our most success and happy staff embody the following qualities:
- Level-headed, drama-free
- Crazy for dogs
- Willing to do any task asked
- Enjoys independent work and being a part of a team
- Clear communicator
- Strong work ethic
Are you a dog lover? Come work with us!
Join Our Team
We’re looking for kind, happy, energetic team members to work with our exceptional four-legged friends. Complete our employment form to let us know you have an interest in joining our team. Talk to you soon!